Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Isabella The Grizzly Bear

Everybody loves bears in the general sense but one man loves one very special bear.

Dr Grizzly, 'Pandamonium's' villain, loves his own grizzly bear. No one is quite sure how he and Isabella ended up together but what is clear is just how strong their bond is. This bond will be immortalized on (figurative/digital) celluloid and everyone world over will know the story of the love between a man, his bear and the pandas that came between them.

So who is this majestic creature, I hear you ask? She graciously allowed her unfathomable beauty to be captured eternally in pictorial form:





This was painted in photoshop using a pretty standard brush ('round point' I think, I really am that imaginative') with the bristles setting turned way down to get a nice texture.

I also carved her likeness out of styrofoam. I wanted to use clay, a material that I think is more fitting for her elegant nature, however I didn't have enough and couldn't wait for any to be delivered.

Although it is vaguely bear shaped I feel that I failed to capture Isabella's full majesty. I don't have any time to fix it either, I must move on. I hope she will forgive me.

I did get 5 craft knife related blood wounds in the process though. It's true what they say, every cloud has a silver lining.  Anyway, wonky blood covered foam bear head:



From this angle you can't tell how wonky the eyes are. 

Whoops. It's fine, I'll just rename her derpy.

No comments:

Post a Comment